Would you like to make IceMobile and BrandLoyalty even more data-driven every day and help us to make decisions based on data and facts?
Then we have the perfect challenge for you by joining the frontrunner in digital loyalty solutions. You will be surrounded by talent from all over the world in our offices in Amsterdam and in Den Bosch (more than 35 nationalities) who all eat, sleep and breathe mobile technology and loyalty programs and are top league within the industry.
With hundreds of thousands of customers using our apps and hundreds of thousands of customers that participate in our loyalty programs, IceMobile generates a vast amount of data every day. This data is being collected and stored in our data warehouse and our data science environment that is part of the Bright Platform (the IceMobile loyalty platform), which are used extensively by our team of analysts and data scientists.
What are your responsibilities?
As a data engineer, you are responsible for the development, performance, quality, and scaling of our ETL processes/data pipelines for the IceMobile Bright Loyalty Platform, with a special focus on data quality. The team consists of six members formed by business intelligence specialists, data scientists, a power bi engineer, and a tester. Besides that, you will provide other data teams with data structures they can easily use to support company decisions. In this role, you will work independently and will be responsible for making technical decisions within the team.
Who are you?
- You have a university degree in Mathematics, Physics or Software Engineering
- Experience in building data pipelines (ETL) - experience of building RESTful microservices
- Experience in building CI/CD solutions for data-intensive large-scale projects
- Good understanding of basic analytics and machine learning concepts
- Git & pull-request workflow
- Coding experience in Python
- Experience with Docker, Linux
- Familiar with databases (Azure data warehouse, SQL server, Redis, cosmos, MySQL)
- Experience with security, authentication, and authorization (such as Azure active directory)
- Experience with cloud platforms (preferably Azure)
It would be nice (but it’s not a must) if you have
- Knowledge of Databricks or other distributed processing engines
- Knowledge of the Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SASS, T-SQL) and their Azure cloud solutions
- Experience with rabbitmq or kafka - Programming experience in pyspark, scala, node.js
- Experience in TensorFlow Serving framework, distributed computing (dask and ray)
- Experience in workflow management systems (like Airflow)
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts and schema design
- CI/CD tools like Jenkins
What do we offer?
At IceMobile we like to take care of each other:
- Competitive salary;
- Challenging role in a diverse international environment with an opportunity to grow into one of the product teams;
- Foodies at heart: We have our own healthy canteen with lunch & snacks all day long;
- Apple addicts: Great iMac or MacBook to work with or a Windows laptop, what ever you prefer
- Development: Opportunity to develop and grow and an extensive training budget;
- Pension arrangements and insurances;
- Sporty Bits: Free usage of Gym, yoga, summer kickboxing classes, epic ski-trips, and other internal sports like running competitions and playing basketball
- Celebrate: Friday drinks and did we mention we brew our own beer in the office?