Are you a backend developer with a great passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits? IceMobile is committed to transforming the retail loyalty industry with innovative digital solutions. We are looking for developers who want to do so with a team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile Apps.
You will be surrounded by talent from all over the world in our office in Amsterdam (more than 30 nationalities) who, like yourself, all eat, sleep and breathe mobile technology and are top league within the industry. Affectionate about user-oriented application development, you will work closely together with UX and Visual designers. So, let’s make it happen!
What are your responsibilities?
You are responsible for creating and maintaining back-end services in a fast-changing environment. By experience, talent and interest, you are on top of the latest relevant technologies and you know how to use it to deliver the end product to our client. You’re a ‘glass half full’ kind of person – where others see only problems, you find possibilities that lead you and your team members to solutions. Next, to that, you like to work consistently accurate. Being innovative for you isn’t ‘a thing’ – it’s just how you roll. You’re constantly upgrading your programming skills, thereby innovating the way both you and your teamwork.
Who are you?
- A relevant degree (e.g. Computer Science, Software engineering)
- 3+ years of relevant experience in backend development
- Extensive knowledge of Infra (Azure) and Java
- Experience with MySQL Databases (language and data modelling)
- Knowledge of container orchestration (kubernetes / open shift) is a big plus
- Experience with implementing systems that consume REST-based APIs
- Knowledge of NodeJS is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD is required
- Experience with Agile and Scrum is required
- Experience of asynchronous messaging (RabbitMQ) is a big plus
- Experience in and promotor of extreme programming practices is a big plus
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to quickly troubleshoot and support operational issues
- You’re an advocate of documented software
- You’re fluent in both written & spoken English
What do we offer?
At IceMobile we like to take care of each other:
- Competitive salary;
- Challenging role in a diverse international environment with the opportunity to grow into one of the product teams;
- Foodies at heart: We have our own healthy canteen with lunch & snacks all day long;
- Apple addicts: Great iMac or MacBook to work with;
- Development: Opportunity to develop and grow and an extensive training budget;
- Future: Great pension arrangements and insurances;
- Sporty Bits: Free usage of Gym, yoga, summer kickboxing classes, epic ski-trips, and other internal sports like running competitions and playing basketball
- Celebrate: Friday drinks and did we mention we brew our own beer in the office?
Note: when you apply to the vacancy you agree to our Privacy Statement for recruitment purposes. https://www.icemobile.com/privacy-statement