As a (medior) Backend Engineer at IceMobile, you’ll be creating digital applications within the (food) retail world. You’ll do this together with a group of highly talented and experienced designers and QA engineers. In the team’s sprint rhythm you will be building new features and improvements to our Loyalty Platform. A team, fully committed to transforming the retail loyalty industry with innovative solutions.
Your team and responsibilities
You are responsible for creating and maintaining backend services within our Loyalty Platform. By experience, talent and interest, you are on top of the latest relevant technologies and you know how to put this in practice. You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team, responsible for all services that process our transactions from the retailer’s POS, calculations and data collection towards our data warehouse. You will be developing and technically designing solutions with scalability and quality in mind.
Who are you?
- A relevant degree or comparable practical experience (e.g. Computer Science, Software engineering);
- 3+ years of relevant experience in backend development;
- Extensive knowledge of Infra (Azure) and Java;
- Experience with MySQL Databases (language and data modelling);
- Knowledge of container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes and/or OpenShift) is a big plus;
- Experience with implementing systems that consume REST-based APIs;
- Knowledge of NodeJS is a plus;
- Experience with CI/CD is required;
- Experience with Agile and Scrum is required;
- Experience of asynchronous messaging (RabbitMQ) is a big plus;
- Experience in and advocating for extreme programming practices is a big plus;
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to quickly troubleshoot and support operational issues;
- You’re an advocate for documented software;
- You’re fluent in both written & spoken English.
What do we offer?
- We offer you a challenge within the world's leading loyalty company (Alliance Data Systems);
- Foodies by heart: Healthy breakfast, lunch, and snacks all day long;
- Apple addicts: Great Mac products to work with;
- Sporty Bits: Free usage of Gym & yoga classes;
- Celebrate: Friday drinks and did we mention we brew our own beer in the office?